We have searched for business suppliers in Cleobury Mortimer, Worcestershire a town with an approximate population of 2,711 , that at the census in 2011 had a working population (aged between 16 and 74) of 1,258 people in work, and have found 2 suppliers of services such as Wall Art, & Accountants in Cleobury Mortimer and have listed them below, we hope to add more in the near future.
If you know of any more suppliers of business related services, either matching the list of 2 services we already have or new services, in Cleobury Mortimer that you can recommend please contact us and we will look at adding them to this page.
Please note that none of the firms listed on this page have paid for an entry. We have found them either by our own searching or by the recommendation of other people.
Accountants located in Cleobury Mortimer
( Last Checked/Updated : 2021-03-25 16:49:01)
Canvas Prints in Cleobury Mortimer
(Last Checked : 2021-04-11 10:29)
Business Gift Ideas in Cleobury Mortimer
About Cleobury Mortimer
Cleobury Mortimer (/ˈklɪbri/, KLIH-bree) is a market town and civil parish in southeastern Shropshire, England, which had a population of 3,036 at the 2011 census. Hugh de Mortimer was granted a market charter by Henry III in 1226, and then 'in perpetuity' in 1227. The town is usually referred to simply as 'Cleobury'. Several pronunciations of the town's name are in use. In Cleobury itself /ˈklɪbri/ is commonly used, while in surrounding areas variations such as /ˈklɛbri/ and /ˈkliːbri/ are used.
The name is believed to derive from the contraction of the Old English clifu meaning a steep place and bury meaning fortified settlement. Mortimer comes from Ranulph de Mortimer of Normandy to whom the land was granted after the Norman conquest. He founded the Mortimer dynasty of Marcher Lords who held power in the Welsh Marches throughout the Middle Ages and were closely involved with power struggles with successive English monarchs and other powerful Lords. Cleobury has a significant entry in the Domesday Book, and the vicinity was the location of at least two castles. Cleobury Castle, which was situated near St Mary's Church, was destroyed in 1155 and only earthworks remain today. Toot Castle was situated on the other side of the River Rea from the town.
The above introduction to Cleobury Mortimer uses material from the Wikipedia article 'Cleobury Mortimer' and is used under licence.