We have searched for business suppliers in Ely, Cambridgeshire a city with an approximate population of 19,090 , that at the census in 2011 had a working population (aged between 16 and 74) of 9,767 people in work, and have found 8 suppliers of services such as Wall Art, , Accountants, Local Authority, Opticians, Printers & Solicitors in Ely and have listed them below split into the type of service that they provide.
If you know of any more suppliers of business related services, either matching the list of 6 services we already have or new services, in Ely that you can recommend please contact us and we will look at adding them to this page.
Please note that none of the firms listed on this page have paid for an entry. We have found them either by our own searching or by the recommendation of other people.
( Last Checked/Updated : 2020-08-13 01:17:01)
( Last Checked/Updated : 2020-09-10 17:29:25)
Local Authority located in Ely
( Last Checked/Updated : 2020-09-25 21:37:01)
( Last Checked/Updated : 2020-05-28 16:39:23)
Opticians based in Ely
( Last Checked/Updated : 2020-09-28 11:10:00)
( Last Checked/Updated : 2020-09-25 20:25:01)
Solicitors in Ely
( Last Checked/Updated : 2020-10-05 10:28:16)
Interior Decorating Art in Ely
(Last Checked : 2020-10-27 03:52)
Business Gift Ideas in Ely
Ely (/ˈiːli/ (listen) EE-lee) is a cathedral city in Cambridgeshire, England, about 14 miles (23 km) north-northeast of Cambridge and about 80 miles (129 km) by road from London. Æthelthryth (also known as Etheldreda) founded an abbey at Ely in 673; the abbey was destroyed in 870 by Danish invaders and was rebuilt by Æthelwold, Bishop of Winchester, in 970. Construction of the cathedral was started in 1083 by a Norman abbot, Simeon. Alan of Walsingham's octagon, built over Ely's nave crossing between 1322 and 1328, is the "greatest individual achievement of architectural genius at Ely Cathedral", according to architectural historian Nikolaus Pevsner. Building continued until the dissolution of the abbey in 1539 during the Reformation. The cathedral was sympathetically restored between 1845 and 1870 by the architect George Gilbert Scott. As the seat of a diocese, Ely has long been considered a city; in 1974, city status was granted by royal charter.
Ely is built on a 23-square-mile (60 km2) Kimmeridge Clay island which, at 85 feet (26 m), is the highest land in the Fens. Major rivers including the Witham, Welland, Nene and Great Ouse feed into the Fens and, until draining commenced in the 17th century, formed freshwater marshes and meres within which peat was laid down. There are two Sites of Special Scientific Interest in the city: a former Kimmeridge Clay quarry, and one of the United Kingdom's best remaining examples of medieval ridge and furrow agriculture.
The above introduction to Ely uses material from the Wikipedia article 'Ely' and is used under licence.