We have searched for business suppliers in Porthmadog, Gwynedd a town with an approximate population of 2,981 , that at the census in 2011 had a working population (aged between 16 and 74) of 1,341 people in work, and have found 2 suppliers of services such as Wall Art, & Accountants in Porthmadog and have listed them below, we hope to add more in the near future.
If you know of any more suppliers of business related services, either matching the list of 2 services we already have or new services, in Porthmadog that you can recommend please contact us and we will look at adding them to this page.
Please note that none of the firms listed on this page have paid for an entry. We have found them either by our own searching or by the recommendation of other people.
Accountants based in Porthmadog
Wall Art in Porthmadog
Porthmadog (/pɔːrθˈmædɒɡ/; Welsh pronunciation: [pɔrθˈmadoɡ]), before 1974 known by its anglicised name of Portmadoc and known locally as "Port", is a Welsh coastal town and community in the Eifionydd area of Gwynedd. Prior to local government re-organisation in 1974 it was in the administrative county of Caernarfonshire. It lies 5 miles (8 km) east of Criccieth, 11 miles (18 km) south-west of Blaenau Ffestiniog, 25 miles (40 km) north of Dolgellau and 20 miles (32 km) south of Caernarfon. It had a population of 4,185 (2011 census). It developed in the 19th century as a port exporting slate to England and elsewhere, but since the decline of the industry it has become a shopping centre and tourist destination. It has easy access to Snowdonia National Park and is the terminus of the Ffestiniog Railway. The 1987 National Eisteddfod was held in Porthmadog. It includes the nearby villages of Borth-y-Gest, Morfa Bychan and Tremadog.
Porthmadog came into existence after William Madocks built a sea wall, the Cob, between 1808 and 1811, to reclaim a large proportion of Traeth Mawr from the sea for agricultural use. The diversion of the Afon Glaslyn caused it to scour out a new natural harbour which had a deep enough draught for small ocean-going sailing ships, and the first public wharves were built in 1825. Individual quarry companies followed, building a series of wharves along the shore almost as far as Borth-y-Gest, and slate was carted from Ffestiniog down to the quays along the Afon Dwyryd, then boated to Porthmadog for transfer to seagoing vessels.
The above introduction to Porthmadog uses material from the Wikipedia article 'Porthmadog' and is used under licence.