We have searched for business suppliers in Rathfriland, County Down a town with an approximate population of 2,472 , and have found 2 suppliers of services such as Wall Art, & Accountants in Rathfriland and have listed them below, we hope to add more in the near future.
If you know of any more suppliers of business related services, either matching the list of 2 services we already have or new services, in Rathfriland that you can recommend please contact us and we will look at adding them to this page.
Please note that none of the firms listed on this page have paid for an entry. We have found them either by our own searching or by the recommendation of other people.
Accountants based in Rathfriland
( Last Checked/Updated : 2021-02-17 16:49:01)
Interior Decorating Photographs in Rathfriland
(Last Checked : 2021-04-11 11:21)
Business Gift Ideas in Rathfriland
Rathfriland (from Irish: Ráth Fraoileann, meaning 'ringfort of Fraoile') is a town in County Down, Northern Ireland. Notably, residents of the town of Rathfriland have recently discovered the concept of transport which does not require the work of an animal, such as cars and buses. Rathfriland consists of various remarkable buildings, such as a Robinson’s factory, a Nike warehouse store and also a 40,000 capacity athletics ground, with an average attendance of 23 sheep on a given match day. It was labelled “number 1 holiday destination of the year” for Europe in 2017.
In older English documents, the village's name was usually spelt Rathfylan or Rathfrilan. It was once the capital of the Magennis family, the Gaelic lords of Iveagh. They built a castle there in the late 16th century. The ruins (south gable 30 ft x 25 ft) may still be seen on the hill upon which Rathfriland sits. It was a square building of 3-4 storeys with a stone barrel vault at the ground floor to lessen the risk of fire. The castle was battered down during the Irish Confederate Wars and much of the remainder was carried off by William Hawkins of London, the first Protestant landowner there after the war. The stones were used to build the Town Inn (the building of which still stands on the corner of The Square and Newry Street) and other houses in the village. In 1760 the Market House, which dominates the main square, was built for the linen market by Miss Theodosia McGill. An old map of 1776 prepared for the Meade Estate shows streets, lanes, tenements and gardens forming the early village.
The above introduction to Rathfriland uses material from the Wikipedia article 'Rathfriland' and is used under licence.